J’ai essayé de vivre…(I tried to live …) is a track # 7 from Mylène Farmer’s ninth studio album, Monkey Me released on 3 December 2012
The lyrics to J’ai essayé de vivre… were written by Mylène Farmer. Music, arrangements, programming, keyboards and production: Laurent Boutonnat.
It’s a very “human” song. Mylene once again reaffirms her humility. We all come here without a manual. 😊 And we all do our very best to try to live according to what we believe is right. We all of course make mistakes, we all become lost sometimes, take detours, get discouraged, disillusioned and even jaded by the events that we created consciously or unwillingly.
Un sentiment de n'être Rien du tout
“A feeling of being
Nothing at all”
How well it links with the previous song I covered yesterday À quoi je sers…
Musically it is another well put together dance tune which is remixed nicely and is a joy – no doubts – to dance to in the clubs.
Jérôme Devoise portrait – sound engineer
Speaking of mixing, I think it’s time to talk about Jérôme Devoise – the man behind the curtains who makes the magic happen for us.
Meet Jérôme Devoise – a sound engineer. His job is record, mix and make the live performances sound as good as studio recordings. The biggest challenge is stadiums and large arenas where sound delays can be a few seconds or more. Long story short he is the wizard of Oz we all want to meet. He is humble and loyal to the artists he like. Mylene happened to be one of such artists. He mixed almost all of her albums since Innamoramento. He also reworked many Mylene’s live performance official videos to enhance the quality of sound. He is apparently also a musician and play many instruments for the recordings.
He works regularly with the group Archive for the mixing but also as a producer on certain titles or albums.
He also collaborated with Khaled (sound engineer on the Kenza album in 1999), Christophe Willem (sound engineer + mixing for the September album in 2008), Enrique Iglesias etc
He works at the Guillaume Tell studio.
Jérôme Devoise is also a loyal collaborator of Mylene Farmer and Alizée: He was the one who played the role of the frozen lover in the clip Moi … Lolita in 2000.
Jérôme Devoise Studio albums work
- 1999: Innamoramento — Sound recording assistant (with Bertrand Châtenet)
- 2001: Best of Les mots – Sound recording for unreleased titles Les mots, C’est une belle jourNEE and Pardonne-moi (with Bertrand Châtenet and Rik Pekkonen)
- 2005: Avant que l’ombre… – Sound recording and mixing
- 2008: Point de Suture – Sound recording and mixing
- 2010: Bleu Noir – Sound recording and mixing (with Ninja)
- 2012: Monkey Me – Sound recording and mixing
- 2015: Interstellaires – Sound recording and mixing / Programming, drums, percussion and keyboards for I want you to want me
- 2018: Désobéissance — Voice and orchestra recording at the Guillaume Tell studio (Paris) / Mixing for Sentimentale, Get Up Girl, Prière, Parler d’avenir, On a besoin d’y croire, Retenir l’eau at the DES studio (Paris) Albums or live videos
- 2000: Mylenium Tour(album/video) – Mixing assistant (with Bertrand Châtenet)
- 2006: Avant que l’ombre… à Bercy (album/video) – Recording, production and mixing (assisted by Tristan Monrocq)
- 2009: N°5 on Tour (album) – Recording (with Stéphane Plisson), production and mixing (assisted by Tristan Monrocq)
- 2010: Mylène Farmer Stade de France (video) – Sound recording (with Stéphane Plisson) and mixing (assisted by Tristan Monrocq)
- 2013 : Timeless 2013 (album) – Recording (with Stéphane Plisson), production and mixing at Studio Digital Encoding System
- 2014 : Timeless 2013 Le Film (video) – Sound recording (with Stéphane Plisson) and mixing
- 2019 : Live 2019 (album ) – Indoor sound engineer (with Stéphane Plisson), recording (with Stéphane Plisson and Jean-Philippe Schevingt), production and mixing (Studio Digital Encoding System)
- 2019: Live 2019 Le Film (video) – Sound recording (with Stéphane Plisson and Jean-Philippe Schevingt), mixing
Jérôme Devoise Singles (or songs)
- 2003 : C’est une belle journée – Devil Head Remix pour l’album RemixeS
- 2005 : Redonne-moi – Musicien : clarinette
- 2006 : Slipping away (Crier la vie) en duo avec Moby – recording a voice of Mylène Farmer
- 2010 : Never tear us apart with INXS et Ben Harper – recording voices
Jérôme Devoise Concerts
* 2019: Live 2019 ( Paris La Défense Arena) – Sound (with Stéphane Plisson)
MONKEY ME truck
RECEIVE ALL THE NEWS FROM MYLENEFARMER.COM VIA EMAIL
lyrics with translation
Danser sans cesse
Au bord du gouffre
Pourtant l'ivresse comme
Voir la pénombre
Qui éclaire mon visage
On s'est dit "ensemble
Si c'est là ton voyage"
Un sentiment de n'être
Rien du tout
A vous peut-être
Je dirai tout
Moi j'ai essayé de vivre
Ici un sens à ma vie
Tant voulu d'autre
Milliers d'âmes anonymes
Au claire de lune
Mon ami "qui" ?
Suis-je ta plume
Mais quand la nuit...
Où étais-tu alors
Puisque je t'aime
Où étais-tu encore
Es-tu un rêve
Es-tu un frère
Et je manque d'air
Quand tu m'oublies
Dancing without ceasing On the edge of the abyss Yet intoxication like A "between us” See the darkness That lights up my face We said "together If this is your journey" A feeling of being Nothing at all To you maybe I'll tell you everything I have I tried to live Gave Here a meaning to my life Also I have, Wanted so much of "the Other" Hail Thousands of anonymous souls Hail In the moonlight My friend "who"? Am I your feather But when the night... Where were you then Since I love you Where were you again Imaginary Are you a dream Are you a brother And I run out of air When you forget me