Dear MF Fans, thank you for participating! Welcome to the final Round 3! But first, let’s reveal the answer for the ROUND 2
ROUND 2 answer: Laurent Boutonnat have directed 20 musical videos for Mylene Farmer through the years. They are below in chronological order. Bravo to all of you who answered correctly! What is your favorite clip by Boutonnat?
Mylène Farmer – Maman a tort (1984)
Mylène Farmer – Plus grandir (1985)
Mylène Farmer – Libertine (1986)
Mylène Farmer – Tristana (1987)
Mylène Farmer – Sans Contrefaçon (1987)
Mylène Farmer – Ainsi soit je… (1988)
Mylène Farmer – Pourvu qu’elles soient douces (1988)
Mylène Farmer – Sans Logique (1988)
Mylène Farmer – A quoi je sers… (1989)
Mylène Farmer – Allan live (1989)
Mylène Farmer – Plus Grandir live (1990)
Mylène Farmer – Désenchantée (1991)
Mylène Farmer – Regrets with Jean-Louis Murat (1991)
Mylène Farmer – Je t’aime mélancolie (1991)
Mylène Farmer – Beyond My Control (1992)
Mylène Farmer – Les Mots (2001)
Mylène Farmer – Pardonne-moi (2002)
Mylène Farmer – Du temps (2011)
Mylène Farmer – A l’ombre (2012)
Mylène Farmer – N’oublie Pas (2018)
Fleurs Du Mal – Charles Baudelaire
Quand le ciel bas et lourd pèse comme un couvercle
Sur l’esprit gémissant en proie aux longs ennuis,
Et que de l’horizon embrassant tout le cercle
II nous verse un jour noir plus triste que les nuits;
Quand la terre est changée en un cachot humide,
Où l’Espérance, comme une chauve-souris,
S’en va battant les murs de son aile timide
Et se cognant la tête à des plafonds pourris;
Quand la pluie étalant ses immenses traînées
D’une vaste prison imite les barreaux,
Et qu’un peuple muet d’infâmes araignées
Vient tendre ses filets au fond de nos cerveaux,
Des cloches tout à coup sautent avec furie
Et lancent vers le ciel un affreux hurlement,
Ainsi que des esprits errants et sans patrie
Qui se mettent à geindre opiniâtrement.
— Et de longs corbillards, sans tambours ni musique,
Défilent lentement dans mon âme; l’Espoir,
Vaincu, pleure, et l’Angoisse atroce, despotique,
Sur mon crâne incliné plante son drapeau noir.
We all know how much Mylene adores Baudelaire. She makes the references to his work over and over in her texts. Famous Baudelaire “Spleen” is particularly dear to Mylene. Baudelaire used the term “spleen” to describe a kind of melancholy, profound boredom and overall dissatisfaction, often stemming from the tragedy of life.
HERE IS THE QUESTION FOR ROUND 3: PLEASE NAME ALL THE SONGS WHERE MYLENE USES THE WORD “SPLEEN”.
thank you all so much for participating MF FAN GAMES 2022! Good luck!
more curious facts about spleen
- Le Spleen de Paris, also known as Paris Spleen or Petits Poèmes en prose, is a collection of 50 short prose poems by Charles Baudelaire. The collection was published posthumously in 1869 and is associated with literary modernism.
- Etymologically, spleen comes from the Ancient Greek σπλήν (splḗn), where it was the idiomatic equivalent of the heart in modern English. Persius, in his satires, associated spleen with immoderate laughter.
- Paradoxically, the word “spleen” has come to be used metaphorically as a synonym for “anger”. This is because in medieval times, the spleen was thought to be the literal, physical source of a hot temper. Today, the word spleen is still in Webster’s Dictionary meaning “feelings of ill-will or anger, often suppressed.”
- The spleen governs our mental capacity. It is the residence of the Yi, which is often translated as the capacity to reflect. Reflection is a necessary component in healthy development of the self.
- The shoe-shaped organ, spleen has some important functions: it fights invading germs in the blood (the spleen contains infection-fighting white blood cells) it controls the level of blood cells (white blood cells, red blood cells and platelets) it filters the blood and removes any old or damaged red blood cells.
- Spleen is an organ that is part of the lymphatic system. The spleen makes lymphocytes, filters the blood, stores blood cells, and destroys old blood cells. It is located on the left side of the abdomen near the stomach.
- Spleen is connected with The third chakra, or solar plexus, is called Manipura, in Sanskrit, and is located between the navel and breastbone. It represents our personal power system and the seat of our ego, strength and anger. Respective organs are the stomach, intestines, gallbladder, liver, pancreas and spleen. Note: how often Mylene holds her hand over her spleen while on the stage
- Did you know you can live without spleen. Unlike, say, your stomach or lungs, the spleen is not considered a “vital” organ, which simply means that it can be surgically removed and you’ll be mostly fine, though potentially prone to more infections.
GRAND PRIX MF FAN GAMES 2022